Thursday 8 January 2015

Wonderful Wednesday: Privilege

I'm so lucky. It's something I don't say enough, something that most of us lucky ones don't say enough. I really am so lucky. 

In the crazy 40+ degree heat in Australia at the moment, and living in a rental with no airconditioning, I've been feeling oh so very sorry for myself and to be honest, doing a hell of a lot of complaining. It wasn't until I was watching the news tonight and saw the latest devastation in the South Australian bush fires, that I realised how trivial my complaint was and how much heartbreak was happening mere hours away from me. 

I am so thankful to have my gorgeous fiancé, my loving family and friends. At 19 years old I'm able to rent and live in a lovely 2 bedroom house with just my fiancé, in a great part of town. I work part time and love it and study full time and love that even more. So many people my age don't have the opportunity or means to do any of these things and I need to remind myself of that every time I go to complain about either. 

I feel so privelaged to have what I have and to live the life I do. Today, I'm feeling so very lucky and this Wednesday is wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment